Monday, February 11, 2013

100 Verses ~ Week 7

100 Bible Verses in 2013
     This week marks the week that we will be memorizing verses 13 and 14.  As I keep adding more and more verses to my memory, I am increasingly finding it difficult to keep the references straight.  This is always a struggle for me (and I think for many) which is why I shared the tip in Week 1 of reciting the reference at both the beginning and the end of the verse each time you recite it. This will give you double the practice of memorizing the reference.

     However, this week I tried a new trick to help aid me in really nailing down these references.  I am finding it helpful so I thought I would share it with you.  I write all of my memory verses on index cards and carry them with me in the car.  I like to have my kids quiz me on car rides.  Generally one of the kids will read the reference to me and I will recite the verse.  But this week I asked my daughter, A10, to read just the first 3 words of the verse.  Then I had to come up with both the reference and recite the entire verse from memory.  This was excellent practice for me! 

     The verses this week are close to my heart and I am praying that we not only memorize these verses this week, but apply them to our lives.  May your homes and families be richly blessed!

This Week's Verses 

 Deuteronomy 6:6-7   "These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."
  Pin It Now!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails